Opulencians and Opulenciannettes,
Our lead designer, dasquidd, posted a preview of the changes for patch 15.0 on the forums. Please note that the patch is still being tested and debugged at the moment and that all the following information is still subject to change.
Here is the list, in our lead designer words:
Patch 15.0 is wrapping up development and I wanted to share with you an overview of the major changes before the patch goes live. We’re currently stabilizing and debugging the version, so please consider these patch notes as partial for now.
Major Bug Fixes
Major Bug Fixes
We fixed two major gameplay bugs that were used in abusive behaviours :
1. Pathblocking : When a creature is aggro’d, it will now pass through inactive (dormant) creatures to reach its destination.
2. Chain-Linking : The tactic of waking up creatures over an excessive distance has been reduced, so that creatures from very far away are not aggro’d. The maximum distance is 40 meters, which covers approximately one and a half rooms away.
* Blacksmith Gear : In the coming update, the Blacksmith will only sell Exceptional gear rather than Legendary gear. You can read more about it in my forum post.
Hero Skills : Some Skills have been tweaked on the Knight, Archer and Mage based on your feedback. Read more about it in this forum post.https://www.themightyquest.com/en/forums/heroes-feedback/topics/upcomingherochanges?page=1#post-19952
All creatures have received modifications following your feedback. These changes range from mild stat adjustments to changes in creature behaviours. During this rebalancing, our objectives were as follows:
1. Make all creatures & specializations interesting enough to be usable, at least in some strategies.
2. Make sure creatures’ stats fit their intended role (Tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Support & Control).
3. Balance the game’s overall difficulty.
Drop Rates : We’ve more than doubled the drop rates of Life Force and Gold from creatures.
Mines : Production of resources has also been increased to 2X.
The cost of upgrading Mines has been reduced by 90%.
Cost of creatures after being upgraded has been reduced so that their price at level 1 is still their price at level 30.
However we have increased the price of upgrading a creature in the Research Lab.
Blacksmith Exceptional gear will now cost half the price of the previous Legendary gear.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the upcoming changes. Please discuss.
Don't hesitate to join the discussion on the forums too!