We've just pushed a new patch (seamlessly, that's why you haven't seen any maintenance), and this is what we fixed:
- The Authentication Errors for players that registered during the Closed Beta but that didn’t play until the Open Beta
- The Authentication Errors for people that have changed their email or personal information on Uplay.
- We have good leads on the Authentication Errors linked to Steam, and will give you more news as soon as we can.
Top Priority / Coming Very Soon:
- ISSUES WITH THE TUTORIAL
Some of our users have encountered issues in our Tutorial. Here are the three behaviours we have identified:
- During the Mines placement, you have moved a Room and rendered your Castle invalid without being able to fix it
- By purchasing too many Castle Heart upgrades or Creatures, you have emptied your Life Force chests and cannot purchase more Creatures/Traps
- During Creature placement, you have maxed your Castle’s Defense Points and are unable to put down the Trap Generator
If you happen to be in one of these situations, please create a ticket. We will unlock your account manually while we fix the root cause. If you want more information on this particular issue, click here!
Some users have also stated that they were locked in the Tutorial because they didn’t have any clear objectives to attain anymore. It is simply because you need to level up to level 4 to kill Count Snottingham to get to the next step!
If you encounter any other issue with the Tutorial, please let us know in the forums!
Ever since the introduction of Open Creation, we have been aware of Balancing issues concerning our different Heroes, Creatures and Traps.
Until now, we have focused on tweaking the foundation of the Open Creation Defense Mode. A lot still needs to be done on that front, however we have now reached a point in its development that will allow us to do some serious balancing!
Starting with next week’s Patch, we will start tweaking the balancing for a lot of things:
- Creatures (yes, some will be buffed!)
- Defense Points allocated at each level (they will be increased too!)
These balancing tweaks will resolve some issues we had with diversity, as players would tend to overuse certain Creatures or Trap combinations. They should also help with the Creature Grouping issues we see at the moment.
We will try to regularly reiterate to find the perfect balance for the game!
- Castle Defense Exploit
- User Interface / Inventory Lag or Bugs
- Crown Rewards for repeted attacks (implementation of the diminished returns system)
- Key Bindings
- More clarity on the attack ticket system
These are our current top priorities. Expect regular updates in the future!