Here’s a detailed list of improvements you’ll find in this update:
• Major Bug Fixes
• Hero & Gear Changes
• Attack Controls
• Creature Changes
• Economic Changes
• New Content & Visuals
• Matchmaking Changes
Important Bug Fixes
We fixed gameplay bugs that were used in abusive behaviours :
1. Pathblocking : When a creature is aggro’d, it will now pass through inactive (dormant) creatures to reach its destination.
2. Chain-Linking : The tactic of waking up creatures over an excessive distance has been reduced, so that creatures from very
far away are not aggro’d. The maximum distance is 40 meters, which covers approximately one and a half rooms away.
3. Hamster Wheel : We fixed a bug that would allow Heroes to be chain-stunned by a Hamster Wheel placed too close to a wall. When hit by a hamster wheel, the hero will have a few seconds of stun immunity.
4. Hero Tombstone : Friends could create massive amounts of tombstones in one another’s castle to farm gold. We’ve changed the rules that will generate a tombstone so that only “normal attacks” using matchmaking rules (from the attack selection screen) would generate a tombstone on death.
5. Challenge Farming : Friends could create challenges to farm Gold and Life Force from the treasure chest at the end of a castle. In challenges, the treasure chests are now always locked.
Hero & Gear Changes
• Blacksmith Gear : The gear quality in the Blacksmith has been reduced from Legendary to Exceptional
• Hero Skills : Some Skills have been tweaked on the Knight, Archer and Mage based on your feedback.
• Sapphire Ring : Changed the critical damage from +80% to +8%, as it was originally intended.
We’ve made changes to the Attack Controls, mostly to avoid “Missed Clicks”. This is the first part in a series of adjustments that will come over time.
- Increased the hit box of small creatures where it was excessively small.
- Reduced speed of fast fleeing creatures.
- Adjusted the weapon attack animations to be more forgiving to player input. During the start of an attack, the action cannot be canceled by moving away. During the end of the attack, you can interrupt the recovery to move away.
All creatures have received modifications following your feedback. These changes range from mild stat adjustments to changes in creature behaviours. Find a complete list of the changes here.
- Reduced the placement footprint of some medium sized creatures so they can now squeeze into corridors. The Defendotron, Hungerbot and Cyclops are affected by this change.
- Drop Rates : We’ve more than doubled the drop rates of Life Force and Gold from creatures.
- Mines : Production of resources has also been increased to 2X.
- The cost of upgrading Mines has been reduced by 90%.
- Cost of creatures after being upgraded has been reduced so that their price at level 1 is still their price at level 30.
- However we have increased the price of upgrading a creature in the Research Lab.
- Blacksmith Exceptional gear now cost half the price of the previous Legendary gear.
- We’ve changed the way locked content appears in each machinery, to better tease the benefit of upgrading the machinery and unlocking that new content.
- We’ve added alerts when machineries should be upgraded or an action needs to be taken. For example, when your Gold storage is full, an icon will appear on the HUD as a shortcut to upgrade your Gold Storage.
- We’ve added a Boost category to the Potion Brewery. In this category you’ll find consumables for sale.
- We’ve added tooltips to help identify machineries in your castle.
New Content & Visuals
- Two new creatures have been added to your Summoning Portal. Captain Clubbage level 20 boss, and Mega Mutton level 22 Elite.
- We’ve updated all the icons in the game, from hero gear to creatures and traps. The new icons represent more closely what the item will look like on your hero.
- We’ve revamped the Objectives popups.
- We’ve made changes to the gear quality colors. Legendary gear is now Orange, and Epic gear is now Purple.
- XP Boost : We’ve added a new consumable to the Potion Brewery, which temporarily boosts the amount of XP your hero earns.
We wanted to give you more control over the castles you attack while still adhering to the game’s matchmaking rules. To that extent, we’ve added a way for you to ask the server to fetch a new selection of castles to attack. So for example, if you don’t like the selection of castles you see for whatever the reason, you can toss them out and get new ones. This button is labeled “More Castles” and using it will cost a small amount of gold coins, which increases depending on the region you’re visiting. Since this puts an additional load on our servers, we’ve put a gold cost on this button to avoid spamming the server.
We’ve changed how purchasing items works with Blings. You’ll no longer see Blings prices for items which are offered in either Gold or Life Force (in-game currency). As of this update, if you don’t have enough in-game currency to purchase an item, we’ll offer you the chance to purchase it with Blings instead via a popup. This means you can now purchase machinery upgrades using Blings. Everything that can be purchased using Gold or Life Force can also be purchased using Blings. We changed this to provide you with a shortcut to acquiring your item. You now have the option to spend Blings if you do not have enough in-game currency for any purchase – large or small.
Thanks and don't hesitate to join the discussion on the forums too!